Notified Body Directive RED 2014/53/EU
The new RED is applicable since June 2016. Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive (R&TTE) 1999/5/EC is replaced at that date.
Manufacturers have a transitional period of one year to comply with RED.
On the basis of our certification support the European market becomes more rapid and cost-effective for our customers than ever before!
- Competent guidance on all necessary steps for a smooth approval
- Evaluation of essential requirements according to the Directive RED/R&TTE
- Competent advice and guidance in selection of applicable standards and on required tests
- Approval of quality assurance systems according to the Directive RED/R&TTE
- Guidance in establishing the Technical Construction Files
What has changed?
- The RED applies to equipment (not components) that is placed on the market.
- Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (TTE) that does not function using radio is not covered by the RED. It is subject to the Low-Voltage Directive (LVD) and the Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMCD)
- The R&TTE Directive specifically excluded broadcast TV and radio receivers from its scope. These are now specifically included in the scope of the RED.
- The RED applies to radio equipment operating at frequencies below 3,000 GHz, including radio equipment operating below 9 kHz that is not covered by the R&TTE Directive or by national frequency regulations.
- There are no voltage limits for radio equipment.
- Manufacturers or the OEM are responsible for conformity assessment and must inform the NB of all modifications to the product that may affect compliance.
- Radio Equipment must carry information of the type, batch, model, serial number as well as the name and address of the manufacturer.
- Equipment notifications and class 2 labelling ‘Alert mark’ are removed.
- CE Marking needs to be affixed to the product or its data plate. Where impossible, to the packaging.
- On the Product you can now use a CE Mark that is smaller than 5mm providing it is still visibly, legibly and indelibly.
- Market surveillance activities will be increased to ensure that non-compliant products are more easily identified and quickly removed from the market
- Notified body activity will be more closely regulated.
Whether you need advice to definite your product scope or even how to prove compliance with the revised requirements of RED, we can help.
2017-11-15 to 2017-11-17
- EMC-Basics, Test and Measurement-Seminar for MIL and Avionic Standards
2017-11-16 to 2017-11-17
- Test and Measurement-Seminar for MIL and Avionic Standards
2017-11-20 to 2017-11-22
- EMC-Basics, HIRF/HERF – Electromagnetic Effects in Aircraft
2017-11-21 to 2017-11-22
- HIRF/HERF – Electromagnetic Effects in Aircraft
2017-11-23 to 2017-11-24
- Lightning Electromagnetic Effects on Aircraft