Direct and indirect Ligtning Testing
Our teams consist of internationally recognised experts in direct and indirect lightning. We offer customers one-stop solutions from consulting, engineering, research and development to seminars and testing services. Tests are conducted at our comprehensively accredited test labs or on-site at customer facilities anywhere in the world.
Lightning Testing - Competences
- ISO 17025 accredited test lab
- Indirect Effects (RTCA/DO-160, Section 22)
- Direct Effects (RTCA/DO-160, Section 23)
- Electrostatic Discharge (RTCA/DO-160, Section 25)
- Electromagnetic pulse (EMP) effects testing
- Theoretical and numerical analyses of the lightning coupling effects, analysis and simulation of the protection measures, design support and reviews
- Design and manufacturing test generators for the simulation of lightning and nuclear electromagnetic pulse (NEMP) according to all kind of high-end requirements
- Fast development and preparation of special tests e.g. exceptionally high magnetic fields, currents, voltages
- Consulting, troubleshooting and design reviews
Direct Lightning Effects Test up to 200 kA, 200 kV
- Direct lightning high voltage initial leader and swept channel attachment tests on aircraft external hardware.
- Direct Lightning High Current Testing of external hardware
- Direct Lightning Effects on Composites
- Direct Lightning Effects on Fuel Systems
Indirect Lightning Effects Test according to avionic and military specifications:
- Indirect lightning functional and damage testing of avionic equipment and full systems according to all civil and military generic and/or proprietary specifications
- On-site testing of avionic system installations world wide
- On-site transfer function measurements to determine internal threat conditions of avionic equipment.
- Radiated susceptibility testing MIL-STD-461 / NATO-AECTP 500 / etc.
- Conducted susceptibility testing MIL-STD/ NATO-AECTP / DEF-STAN / STANAG / VG etc.
- Filter component testing to MIL-STD-188-125
2020-05-06 to 2020-05-08
- EMC-Basics, Test and Measurement-Seminar for MIL and Avionic Standards
2020-05-07 to 2020-05-08
- Test and Measurement-Seminar for MIL and Avionic Standards
2020-05-11 to 2020-05-13
- EMC-Basics, HIRF/HERF – Electromagnetic Effects in Aircraft
2020-05-12 to 2020-05-13
- HIRF/HERF – Electromagnetic Effects in Aircraft
2020-05-14 to 2020-05-15
- Lightning Electromagnetic Effects on Aircraft